Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fogo Gaucho. Nairobi, Kenya

I admit, when I boarded the plane, I never thought of going to a BRAZIILIAN restaurant in Africa. I was excitedly planning a safari trip since this is what Nairobi is very popular for.

It was just sad that no one wants to go to the safari with me and since everyone wants to have dinner, so I just decided to go for that instead. :)

One of the crew recommended that we go to Fogo Gaucho, a brazilian restaurant. I thought to myself, why the heck would anyone want to go to a Brazilian restaurant  in Africa?? LOL.

 

My budget for this layover was only $25 which was 2,350 in Kenyan Shillings (KES)

 

The Restaurant

Fogo Gaucho is an all-you-can-eat Brazilian restaurant with a mouth-watering meat selection and an amazing salad bar. Upon entering, you will be welcomed by a host dressed as a ‘gaucho’ and a hostess dressed in traditional Brazilian clothing.

The friendly waiters or the “gauchos” (cowboys) roam around the restaurant while carrying big skewers of chunks of meat and offers them to every customer.

Once you’re seated, you will find a coaster near your plate that is red on one side and green on the other side. When you’re prepared for battle (meaning you want to be served) put the Green side up so the friendly gauchos will keep coming to your table. When you want to surrender (meaning, you want to rest for a while to digest all the meat you just ate) put the RED side up! When you want to eat again, no problem!,  just turn the Green side up again and the meat will just keep dropping into your plate!

Fogo Gaucho’s Menu

<< photo with description on the types of meat/names of meat available>>

The best meat of it all was the Picanha (which i failed to take a photo of), a prime cut of sirloin.

 

Pork sausage (linguica),

Babyback pork ribs (Costela de Porco)

 

Aside from the meat, they also serve seafood (fish, shrimp, etc). Some also carry french fries and desserts such as deep fried banana and caramelized pineapple (which were soooo good that i’m drooling while writing this blog post!).

<<photo of desserts>>

 

 

<<photo>>

I don’t know about other people, but this coaster makes the whole experience more exciting! :)

<<photo of the gaucho serving meat>>

the gauchos were so friendly in offering the meat, it’s like their mission in life is to make you fat! LOL

 

Green means you want the gauchos to keep coming with the meat. Red means you cannot move anymore and you want to rest for a short while to digest everything! LOL

 

My happy face. The caramelized pineapple and banana was so nice! I wanted to have more but I was just too full!

 

The clouds over Nairobi, Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...